One of the easiest & cheapest ways to increase communications with your customers is with email. Obviously, this has to be used tactfully. You don’t want to be blasting out emails every week, because this will just annoy the customer. Emails can be used for company announcements, specials, and most importantly…. yearly follow-ups.
However, many carpet cleaning businesses do not collect a customer’s email address when scheduling appointments. An easy way to collect this information is when gathering the customer’s name, address, and phone for the appointment scheduling, ask the customer for an email address that you can “send a confirmation email.” Customer’s like confirmations. Plus, now you have their email address!
As stated above, use the email address wisely. If you are good at email, maybe you send them a “Thank you” email after the job. If you do Google or Facebook ratings, maybe you send them an email asking the customer to leave “kind” comments on your Google or Facebook page. A yearly reminder email with a coupon is also great.
Whatever you do, make sure you follow any laws & regulations regarding email communication campaigns. You can Google this to find out more.
Email is not a substitute to customer mailings, but can be a cheap, easy way to increase customer communications and repeat business. Couple this with mailings like Reminder Cards and a Carpet Cleaning Business Website, and you can create a more effective marketing communications plan for your business.
How many times do your customers ask you what they should use to clean up spots on their carpet? Most customers have a “store bought” product sitting under their shelf that they pull out when they spill something. As a professional cleaner, you know that some of these products are terrible and actually make it harder for you to remove the stain when you do a professional cleaning.
Wouldn’t it be great to not only recommend a product to your customer, but have the product right on your truck ready to sell? Just Magic RTU was designed to be the “Ready-to-Use” spot & stain remover recommended by Professionals. The 32oz Spray Bottle is perfect for your customers. No mess. Just spray & blot. Not only can you please your customers by recommending a superior product, but you can also make a pretty penny while you do it.
Just Magic RTU is sold to professional cleaners in a 12ct case (free shipping). Check it out on our website. As you can see, a great profit margin for you!
As a small business owner, you wear a lot of hats. Many carpet cleaners are “owner operated;” which means you probably go out and do the cleaning. While this usually improves quality, it can also reduce office efficiency. Many business owners are exhausted and don’t have time to focus on the marketing side of things. This is where small businesses miss the growth opportunity.
Marketing is one of the most essential parts of your business. Yes, you can still grow without effective marketing, but you will grow at a much slower rate. Take the time to focus & track your marketing.
Every business owner should be able to identify their customer acquisition cost. Even deeper than this is finding the Return on Investment (ROI) of each marketing piece you do. A simple tip for gathering this information is to use Coupon Codes. When you send out a marketing piece, place an ad, or use some sort of referral system, make sure you mark each product with a coupon code. By asking the customer to recite the coupon code on the marketing piece, you will be able to track the revenue for each marketing piece you use.
You may find out that you are spending $2000 on marketing piece A and getting $2500 in revenue from this marketing. You may spend $1000 on marketing piece B and getting $3000 in revenue from it. By tracking your marketing expenses & revenues, you will be able to identify which marketing is working better for your business. You can direct future spending on the better marketing methods.
Make it a habit to spend time each week dedicated to marketing and growing your business. A few years down the road, you will be happy you did!
Make sure to check out our Marketing Section of our website. It is full of great marketing products that can help grow your business.
One of the staples of marketing is to capitalize on an event. This can mean ANY event. Take a look at any big consumer based company, and you will see a sale or clever marketing related to some sort of holiday, anniversary, or event. The marketing professionals know that it grabs the attention of the consumer and relates the company sale to an event in the consumer’s life. It personalizes it!
Back to school is an event that many professional carpet cleaners miss. However, this is a big event in a family’s life. Moms everywhere are busy buying school supplies, clothes, and prepping for the big day. This is a good time to reach the family with some creative marketing. Simply tie in some sort of “Back to School” theme. Moms can relate that the home is dirty from the kids being home all summer, and that it is the perfect time to get the house back in order. Fresh, clean carpets are a good way to start!
This message can be passed along by many different means:
- Facebook – a great way to get in front of your “Friends.” You can also advertise on Facebook for a small period of time during the “Back to School” month.
- Google Pay Per Click – You can make a carpet cleaning ad that states a “Back to School” special that targets customers already typing in “carpet cleaning” in Google.
- Postcards – Self explainatory. Need to design postcards, see here: POSTCARDS
- Door Hangers – Now is the time to hire a bunch of middle school / high school age kids to pass out door hangers (before they go back to school). Need to design door hangers, see here: DOOR HANGERS
- Website – Obviously, if you have a website, you can put a special up there. Need a website, see here: WEBSITE BUILDING
Whatever means you choose to market, relating to an event like “Back to School” can help produce a response from your potential customers.
What if you could diversify and add Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning to your business without high up-front costs? What if you were GUARANTEED to get work with this equipment? What if you had the opportunity to get passed $1000’s of work (not leads, but actual paying jobs)? What if you were able to pay-off this equipment with NO INTEREST? Would you take advantage of this opportunity?
For a limited time, CleanCraft is offering 0% Interest on the SpinVax 1000XT Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning System. Plus, you get access to our NETWORK where we pass you work.
Here are some of the benefits of this Financing & Network Plan:
- Small Up-Front Costs: You don’t need to spend a chunk of cash investing in your business growth. You only need to put the 1st & Last Month payment up front. Heck, doing two jobs is usually enough to cover your up-front costs!
- No Interest: Many people don’t like financing because of the interest. With 0% Financing, you don’t have any interest!
- Small Monthly Payments: After 1st & Last up-front payments, you only have 10 Monthly payments remaining.
- It’s all about the Cash Flow: If you bring in more cash per month than you spend, investment is a smart decision. If your monthly payments are around $300/month, and you do $1000’s a month in work, I would call it a VERY SMART investment in your business.
- Work Passed to You: The biggest BONUS is that you are GUARANTEED to get work. CleanCraft has developed a NETWORK that will pass you work. This network has been in place for around a year now, and we are passing many cleaners $1000’s of work each month! Remember, this is work above and beyond what work you get yourself! It is like icing on the cake!
This 0% financing is for a limited time. If you have ever thought about investing in your business for growth, now may be the time to act!
Check out our SpinVax 1000XT system and feel free to give us a call 800-525-3261 to discuss the 0% Financing opportunity.
** Financing and Network Guarantee terms & conditions found on the SpinVax 1000XT page located at cleancraft.com.
Wouldn’t it be great if all your customers told their friends about your company? This would be nice! Your business would skyrocket and your marketing costs would be minimal. In a fantasy world, this would be how every service business grows. However, in reality this doesn’t work out. Although the customer may appreciate the quality of work you offered, their busy lives prevent them from going out on their own and telling friends & family.
However, there is a way to increase referrals. As a business owner, you must make it as easy as possible for clients to refer your company. It also helps to “incentivize” the referral. By using Referral Cards, you can give your clients tangible items that will help them refer your company. Referral Cards are something physical the client can pass a friend, family, or neighbor when the topic arises or a conversation comes up about how nice their carpet looks. Remember, talk is cheap. People need a physical reminder that they can hold while discussing. A physical reminder along with the conversation will increase ACTION of friends, family, neighbors contacting you for service.
CleanCraft offers beautifully designed Referral Cards that are proven to work. We customize the cards with your company information to make it your own. If you are looking for an easy, inexpensive way to increase your customer base and improve your referral rates, CleanCraft’s Referral Cards could be the tool that helps your business!
Small business owners are used to taking risks. In fact, the initial risk is what allowed the small business owner to start the business in the first place! One quickly finds out that taking measured risks often provides great opportunities.
What if I told you that there is a business risk that can guarantee your company extra revenues? Would you want to listen?
Over the years, CleanCraft has tried to beat home the point about adding Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning to your business. Some of you have listened and have added great additional revenue to your business. Others have been a little leery about adding a new service like this. Well, now may be the time to take that measured risk. Why? Because, CleanCraft can guarantee you will make additional revenue with our SpinVax 1000XT System. How can we guarantee this? We can guarantee it, because we will actually pass you work!
Yes, you heard this right. CleanCraft will pass Air Duct Cleaning jobs to you. Not leads, but actual jobs! One of the benefits of purchasing the SpinVax 1000XT Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning System from us is that you get membership into our Network. This Network was setup to pass our customers jobs. It is a simple process:
- We collect all the towns & zip codes that you service
- Our Network markets in these areas (at no cost to you…. We actually take the risk)
- Homeowners call our Network to schedule an appointment.
- We book the work, and you get notified that we have booked you a job (We have an online calendar tool that you put open time frames that you can accept work – pretty cool!)
- Your business does the job and gets paid from the customer
- You cut us a commission check for passing you the job (remember, this is after you already did the job & got paid from the customer – so no upfront marketing costs!)
Not only are you going to increase sales revenue with the work you get yourself, but in many cases we are passing $1000’s a month to our Network Members. These are jobs above & beyond what you get yourself!
As you can see, the SpinVax 1000XT System not only gives you a great opportunity to grow your business, but it comes with our Network backing to pass you jobs! At an extremely affordable cost, you don’t find opportunities like this come along that often. Check out our SpinVax 1000XT System and Network Guarantee on our website, and give us a call to discuss.
Many professional carpet cleaners pass on “Dry Clean Only” upholstery and other fabrics. If your business is passing on these items, you are possibly missing out on a few thousand dollars of extra profit per year!
Dry cleaning fabrics is quick and easy when you use the right product. Check out DryMax by CleanCraft. DryMax is two products in one: “Dry Cleaning Solvent” and a “Solvent POG.” Many carpet cleaners already use a solvent product for getting out paint, oils, grease, etc. However, these POG’s are not cut out for the job of dry cleaning. DryMax does both! Plus, DryMax will do a GREAT JOB at both.
Using DryMax is simple:
As a POG – Use a solvent proof spray bottle. First, pre-clean the area as usual. Then spray DryMax on stain/substance. If sticky substance like: make-up, gum, wax, etc… take an old spoon or scraper and rub the product in loosening the sticky substance. Then rinse & extract the area clean.
As a Dry Cleaning Solvent – Use a solvent proof spray bottle. First, vacuum the upholstery, drapery, or other material you are about to clean. Using a dusting brush attachment to vacuum will help remove dust & dirt. Spray DryMax on a small section of the fabric and wipe down with a microfiber towel. Continue this process until you are done with all the fabric. Lastly, post vacuum the fabric again. DryMax will clean the fabric instantaneously and allow the colors to “pop” back out.
DryMax is safe and will not cause any shrinkage of fabric. If you have been missing out on dry cleaning income, perhaps it is time to look at our DryMax product?
2017 is already here. Another year is history. Looking back over the last year of your business, how did you do? Did you grow? Were you stagnate? The new year is a good time to analyze your business. Unfortunately, too many small business owners don’t take the time to analyze their business. Just because it produces a profit and continues to grow doesn’t mean that things can’t be even better with a little thinking & strategy.
Here are a couple items to think about that could help your business grow in 2017:
- Greening your Business – We don’t mean changing your color scheme… we mean becoming more environmentally friendly! Let’s be honest… it really doesn’t matter if you care about the environment or not. The fact is that a large percentage of your customer base does. Why not cater to this group? You can start with your cleaning chemical. CleanCraft makes a product called Code: Green that is EPA “Safer Choice” approved for its environmental & health aspects. Also, if you are still running a truck mount, it may be time to look at the Eclipse High Powered Portable Extractor. With it’s 3 and 4 vacuum motor models, the Eclipse was made with truck mount power; so, you can make the better environmental move without sacrificing power & quality. In fact, with Code: Green & the Eclipse, most companies see better cleaning performance, better ROI and profitability in their company, and a healthier & happier workforce and customer base.
- Diversification – Whether you like it or not, your competition is offering more & more services. Don’t let your customer base contact your competition to use their additional services. Time & time again, businesses loose existing customers not because of pricing & quality, but because the customer has built a relationship with another company that offered a service they needed at the time. Think about it. A customer used you for carpet cleaning last year, but used XXXXX’s carpet cleaning company for Air Duct Cleaning last month. The next time the customer needs carpet cleaning, you better believe that XXXXX’s company left brochures and is fresh in the customer’s mind. Perhaps it is time for your business to provide additional services? Take a look at our SpinVax 1000XT Air Duct Cleaning System. When you purchase this system, we hold your hand along the way. Our training video makes it easy to learn. We also have a Network free to join that allows us to pass you jobs (yes, actual jobs, not leads) !!!!
- Website – Is your business keeping up with the times? Do you have a website for your business? If not, come on, it is 2017! You need a website for your business. Look around. Everyone is asking their phone for something. OK Google, carpet cleaning in XXXXXX town. Hey Siri, find carpet cleaners in XXXXXX town. Guess what. If you don’t have a website, you aren’t going to be found. Don’t know how to do it? No problem. CleanCraft builds & hosts websites that are professionally & strategically made for carpet cleaning businesses. In fact, you don’t even need to know how to use a computer to have a website. Give us a call to discuss.
- Marketing – Many small businesses start off with a marketing strategy. This is great! However, more often than not, small businesses let their marketing strategy die as their business grows. This happens because marketing takes time, and as the business grows, the business owner has less & less time. This is unfortunate, because every lost customer can mean multiple lost jobs. Take into account repeat & referral jobs over the years, and that one customer became much more valuable! CleanCraft has many marketing products & programs that can “Freshen” your approach to marketing without taking a large amount of time. Check out our MARKETING page for a list of all the products we have. A simple program to follow is our “1-2 Marketing Knockout Punch.” See how the right approach to using Door Hangers & Referral Cards can work together to provide amazing results!
Don’t let another year slip by doing the same old, same old. Revisit your business with a whole new outlook and look back to 2017 as the year that made a difference in your business!
Wouldn’t it be great if all customers had on their calendar that it has been a year since their last carpet cleaning, and it is time for another cleaning? Unfortunately, sometimes this is on the bottom of the totem pole for many customers. Too many other items are on their agenda, and time always seems to fly by too quickly.
This is where you come in to play. You already have a relationship with your past customers. So, be proactive in getting them to call you again. Many customers need a gentle reminder to give them a little “nudge” to pick-up the phone and call. A “Reminder card” is the perfect way to inform your customer that it has already been a year since the last cleaning.
CleanCraft offers professionally designed Reminder Postcards ready to go. Just address, mail, & wait for the call. Plus, the postcards are very inexpensive and dimensionally designed to quality for the reduced “postcard stamp” postage (cheaper than mailing a letter). We even make a suggestion on how to use these Reminder Cards, so you have a consistent approach to using them. So, check them out, and start being proactive at getting repeat business!