One of the staples of marketing is to capitalize on an event. This can mean ANY event. Take a look at any big consumer based company, and you will see a sale or clever marketing related to some sort of holiday, anniversary, or event. The marketing professionals know that it grabs the attention of the consumer and relates the company sale to an event in the consumer’s life. It personalizes it!
Back to school is an event that many professional carpet cleaners miss. However, this is a big event in a family’s life. Moms everywhere are busy buying school supplies, clothes, and prepping for the big day. This is a good time to reach the family with some creative marketing. Simply tie in some sort of “Back to School” theme. Moms can relate that the home is dirty from the kids being home all summer, and that it is the perfect time to get the house back in order. Fresh, clean carpets are a good way to start!
This message can be passed along by many different means:
- Facebook – a great way to get in front of your “Friends.” You can also advertise on Facebook for a small period of time during the “Back to School” month.
- Google Pay Per Click – You can make a carpet cleaning ad that states a “Back to School” special that targets customers already typing in “carpet cleaning” in Google.
- Postcards – Self explainatory. Need to design postcards, see here: POSTCARDS
- Door Hangers – Now is the time to hire a bunch of middle school / high school age kids to pass out door hangers (before they go back to school). Need to design door hangers, see here: DOOR HANGERS
- Website – Obviously, if you have a website, you can put a special up there. Need a website, see here: WEBSITE BUILDING
Whatever means you choose to market, relating to an event like “Back to School” can help produce a response from your potential customers.