Many professionals steer away from drapery, because they think it is difficult and too much work. However, dry cleaning drapery is a quick and easy way for professional carpet cleaners to make extra cash and provide value-added services to your customer base.
First of all, we want to point out that the drapery can be cleaned while hanging. There is no need to take the drapery down. In fact, it is much easier to clean while hanging.
Here are the steps for cleaning drapery:
1) Vacuum the drapes: Using a dusting brush attachment, vacuum the drapery to remove as much dust and dirt as possible.
2) Buff: Using a clean microfiber towel, quickly buff the drapery to makes sure all dust and dirt are removed.
3) DryMax: CleanCraft has an amazing dry cleaning solvent product called DryMax. Pour DryMax into a solvent proof spray bottle (use straight, do not dilute with water) and spray a small section of the drapery at a time. See step # 4.
4) Buff: Using a microfiber towel, buff each section you cleaned in step # 3 above. Then, continue with step # 3 and repeat step #4 cleaning small sections at a time until the entire drapery is cleaned.
5) Post Vacuum: Vacuum the drapery again with a dusting brush attachment to ensure all dirt is removed.
6) Optional Extra: If you notice any water staining or other types of stains that need extra help, you can spray some Code: Green (follow dilution ratio of product as a spotter solution) onto a microfiber towel and blot the drapery where the stain is located. (Spray the microfiber towel instead of spraying directly onto the drapery).
That is it. You just cleaned drapes! DryMax makes it easy to dry clean drapery with guaranteed no shrinkage. You can’t mess up with this product. You will be amazed at how the cleaning action removes oils, grease, and dirt quickly before your eyes.